Voices of Freedom Book Summaries
Voices of Freedom Book Summaries.
1. For this topic, you will read Documents 23 24, and 25 from Voices of Freedom. As you read them, think about what they say about the emerging definition of freedom and liberty among the British North American colonists.
2. For the American Revolution Document Summary, you need to read Documents 27, 29 and 31 from Voices of Freedom. For the summary, use the documents to explain why liberty and freedom became the ideas which motivated the American people to challenge British authority and eventually fight for independence.
3. Documents for this summary are intended to look at the treatment of minorities in the “land of liberty.” Using Documents 33, 34, 38, and 39, discuss who wide-spread was American freedom in the era of the American Revolution.
4. Use Documents 41 and 42 from Voices of Freedom to compare and contrast the views of the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.
5. For this topic, you need to read documents 45, 46, and 47 from Voices of Freedom. As you read them, look at what they say about the emerging ideas of freedom and liberty, the ideas which defined the United States for many of its inhabitants, during the Early National Period.
The summary for each document should include:
1. The author’s name and significant biographical information. This would include anything which would help to explain why she or he wrote the particular document and which would help the reader to understand the document’s meaning and appreciate it intended purpose.
2. A brief summation of the document’s content, the main ideas which it conveys to the reader.
3. Analysis of what the document says about the historical topics which are being covered that topical unit.
4. You should need 4-5 sentence paragraph for each of them. However it is not long sentence paragraphs.