Topic: Big data and the theory of the built environment
– How Big data impact architecture, and it’s relationship to architecture
1. Describe the issue your Position Statement addresses (include relevant background information)
Example: Big theories in architecture are rare
2. Describe the importance or timeliness of the issue in light of your readings
Example: in a globalized world, big theories are necessary to improve design
3. Identify the position to be taken concerning big data
Example: Big data can help create big theories
4. Describe the benefits of taking the position. Will this help overcome some or all the limitations of previous positions and/approaches?
Example: Big data is easily available and cheap; with big data scaling is possible
5. Describe the conflicts the position may espouse or the limitations of a big data approach.
Example: Culture may be left out when we simplify big data for a big theory