Social Psychology Paper 2 (pages double spaced)
1. Find a journal article (a primary source) that reports research on a social psychological topic: EXAMPLES: sterotypes, discrimination, aggression, emotion or relationships and attraction.
The article must come from one of the following journals:
• Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
• Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin
• Journal of Experimental Social Psychology
• Psychological Science
2. Write a summary of the article in your own words (of no more than two typed, double-spaced pages) as if you were describing the article to a friend or family member. In your summary, be sure to answer the following questions, not necessarily in this order: • What was the research about? • How did they conduct the research? • What kind of research did they conduct (e.g., correlational study, experiment)? Briefly explain how you can tell it is that type of research. • What did they find? • What might be an alternative explanation or limitation to the research? • How might the findings be relevant to your listener’s/reader’s life?
3. Please cite using APA style. Citation Example: Dutton, D. G., & Aron, A. (1974). Some evidence for heightened sexual attraction under conditions of high anxiety. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 30. 510-517.
Notes: • If the article you selected contains more than one study, you only have to summarize one of the studies. • You must turn in a copy of the research article with your paper (-10 pts for failing to include this). • If you need help finding journal articles, please see COD’s library website