learning journal (report)
• Describe the theories, concepts and evidence related to the aspect;
• Draw relevant examples from work, family and/or your everyday life;
• Incorporate readings prescribed for the aspects , including the textbook;
• Reflect on your learning as represented in your Learning Journal.
The total word count (excluding headings and the reference list) must not exceed 2,000 words.
Introduction (250 words maximum, excluding question heading):
The first entry in your Learning Journal will be an introduction in which you answer the following questions:
1. What is a Learning Journal?
2. Why am I completing a Learning Journal as part of my study of social psychology?
3. What do I hope to learn from this assignment?
There is no need to source literature to answer these questions. You can simply draw on the points
made in this Learning Guide (but in your own words).
Reflective Learning Journal entries (500 words maximum for each entry, excluding question headings equals 1,500 words in total)
This section of your Reflective Learning Journal will contain three entries (topics)
1.prejudice & discrimination
aspect is (social identity: in-groups and out-groups)
2.attraction of close relationship
aspect is (whats love)
3. self & identity
aspect is (self-presentation)
Answer the following questions for each of the three above topics and their aspects
Topic: 1,2 then 3
1. Which aspect of the topic interested me most? Why?
2. What are the main concepts related to this aspect?
3. What short quote from the textbook or reading illustrates an important point related to this aspect?
(Make sure you insert page numbers for quotes.)
4. How is this aspect relevant to my social world?
There must be an entry for each of the three tutorials (i.e. self and identity, prejudice and discrimination, attraction and close relationships).
Conclusion (250 words maximum, excluding question headings)In the conclusion of your Learning Journal you will reflect on, and evaluate your learning by answering the following questions:
1. What value has this journal been for my learning of social psychology?
2. What are the strengths and weaknesses of my Journal?
3. Did I get out of this assignment what I hoped (tied to introduction)?
Reference List (Not counted in word limit)