1920s Document Based Essay Organization
1. Plan the essay based on the Four Reads Document Graphic Organizer
2. Finish integrating evidence to address the question
3. Evaluation of the sources to take a position
DBQ Documents, plan and essay
(1) Analyze each of the following documents, first answer the questions to address what each of the documents identified for the clash of cultures and tension that persisted in American society.
(2) Closely read each document carefully, underline key phrases and words that address the document-based question.
(3) Based on your own knowledge of the topic and on the evidence found in the documents, formulate a thesis that directly answers the question.
(4) Organize supportive and relevant information into a brief outline.
(5) Write a well-organized essay proving your thesis. The essay should be logically presented and should include information both from the documents and from your own knowledge outside of the documents.
To what extent did urban-rural culture wars of the 1920s divide American society?
3 TO 4 PARAGRAPHS